The 60 year success story
2016 – 2019
- Expansion of the Production Site
- 250 Sires on Site
- 682kW Photovoltaic System
- New Building of the Breeding Station Langnau b. Reiden
- This station is raising 160 Bulls
- 420kW Photovoltaic System
- First Sexed Semen Doses from our own Separation Laboratory in Mülligen
- In December, Swissgenetics invites
to celebrate its 50th anniversary at the animal exhibition in
- 100 offsprings are showed and three champions
young cows are be selected.
- EXPO Swissgenetics is fixed to take place annually.
- The export volume exceeds by twice the imports.
- Every third domestic semen dose is exported.
- Swissgenetics bull SAVARD is the most widely used Red Holstein bull worldwide
- The export business is integrated into the cooperative association and the new entity is renamed Swissgenetics
- Start of the worldwide cooperation with SEMEX (Canada)
- The association assumes sole operational responsibility (previously with breeding organizations) for the procurement of genetics
- The new Animal Breeding Regulation comes into force on 1 July
- This allows other organisations to obtain a licence for the AI
- The monopoly is thus abolished
- Breeding Station’s Opening in Langnau b. Reiden
- The third insemination station, in Bütschwil, is commissioned
- First export of semen in larger quantities
- The station in Ins - today used as an embryo transfer station - goes into operation
- The freezing process is introduced
- Freezing technology represents a revolution for livestock farming, in which the effect is even more significant than the introduction of AI itself
- The second insemination stationlocated in Mülligen, Is commissionned
- The performance test and the offspring test are introduced
- Foundation of the Swiss Association for Artificial Insemination on 23.12.1960